Friday 24 October 2008

I like driving in my car - it's not quite a Jaguar

Big weekend for me this weekend. I'm picking up my car and driving it home. Not a lot you may say. But given I've never driven a car that doesn't have dual controls before, it is a big deal for me. Because I'm still a learner I'm obliged to have a mate in the car with me, but I'll still be the one making the decisions. I'm so nervous I think I'm going to forget how to even drive!

More importantly - in terms of this blog - I am launching my new book Mrs Osbourne Regrets. An excerpt from it will be on lunchtime readers for everyone to look at and I'm going to start distributing them around. The first draft of The Pioneers is slowly progressing and after that my creative output is over for a few months. After Christmas I will starting work on finalising and publishing Two Become One and then Winner Takes All. I suppose I'd better try and fit in another driving test at some point too, otherwise I'll have to rely on chaperones all the time!

Went to see How to Lose Friends and Alienate people last night and in typical fashion both me and my friend totally disagreed with the critics and thought it was very good. It's basically just a rom com but I like both Simon Pegg and Kirsten Dunst so it worked out well. I really admire Kirsten Dunst - she has normal teeth! Most Hollywood actresses have great big white surgically enhanced gravestones, but Kirsten's teeth are so natrual she could almost be British!
Ciao for now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on buying your own car, and wish you the best with your driving test so you can become independent with your driving.

Make sure you continue to drive in your car as you've been taught, don't develop bad habits from your mates.

Shola