Wednesday 24 September 2008

Same Old Scene

Heard from the literary agent. What a surprise, Two Become One isn’t the sort of thing they can find a market for! This comes on the same day I received an email from Hampshire Library saying they’re going to accept a donated copy of Summerset. So that will be at least three libraries in the UK that will have my book in by the end of the year. Mrs Osbourne will soon be on the shelves and I’m asking myself why I even need to find an agent, why don’t I just carry on as I am?

The itch to write is starting in me. I found writing Mrs O quite limiting because it wasn’t much more than a short story. But I want to get stuck into a proper novel over the winter. I’ve also got to do Two Become One and Winner Takes it All, but The Pioneers is starting to take shape in my head.

I almost must mention that I have only just discovered a song called In Every Dreamhome a Heartache by Roxy Music. It is a really sinister song about a lonely, rich man’s love for his inflatable doll. Me being me it has sparked so many ideas for a crime book involving a sicko and his love for dolls. I truly am going to become like Barbara Cartland, knocking out a new novel every 2 hours!

Ciao

1 comment:

Gorilla Bananas said...

I believe the latest sex dolls do not require inflation. I still don't think they're lovable though.