Friday 26 September 2008

Karen's knowledge of Music isn't as great as she thought it was!

Firstly, I have decided not to get an agent. I’ve thought long and hard about it and weighed up the pros and cons and have decided to go it alone. Yes, an agent could get me a publishing deal. But what does that mean exactly? That at least 35% of my sales go to other people when I’m the one who does all the work myself. At least doing it my own way I get to keep all the takings myself. Maybe sometime along the line I’ll change my mind, but for now I’m flying solo.

On another note, with my weird Roxy Music thing at the moment. I always thought Glass of Champagne was by Roxy Music and actually it was by Sailor (top song), and the last scene of the first episode of Ashes to Ashes plays out with a really cool song, and I thought it was Japan and bought the greatest hits of Japan and it was a load of crap and I never found that song. Then, whilst watching the docu on Roxy, they played Same old Scene and I thought ‘hang on, that’s the song at the end of Ashes to Ashes’ and it is. So I thought Sailor was Roxy Music and Roxy Music was Japan.

Talking of that scene in Ashes to Ashes, I think there is something sexy the way Gene pours the wine for Alex without her asking. Don’t ask me why, I’m a strange person. But if you want to watch it, here it is.

Ciao for now Kx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvj2B6NGKCA

No comments: