Tuesday 5 August 2008

Is it all worth it?

I'd like to know if these feelings of self-doubt are normal. I'm not sure what else I can do to attract people to my book. I'm sending a copy to Borders because apparently they stock self-published books, but I'm so down I'm convinced they'll take one look and think it's crap. I am also worried because they haven't send my order for Two Become One. Lulu can be a bit rubbish at getting back to you and I'm worried that I've wasted ten quid.

I've done 5 CD Roms for distribution around Oxfam shops, but I'm so cheesed off and down on myself I'm convinced they won't even want my freebies.

Perhaps I should just go back to writing as a hobby.

2 comments:

1davidjordan said...

Hi Karen this business has frustration written all over it. So it's simply a matter of plugging away - not easy when the competition is stiff and the publishing doors are barely open, but perseverance is what it's all about. Therefore, best of luck to both of us...
David Jordan (www.1davidjordan.com)
Author of:
I Spent the Day With a Freak
(no I didn't)

Unknown said...

Hi Karen,
Hang in there my dear...the Universe tests everyone on their desire...believe and it will happen for you with, as David said, perseverance.
CJ