Tuesday 19 August 2008

Aggghhh

I'm really pissed off. Today started off so well. I was looking on Amazon.com for books on Chris Isaak (I could create a whole new blog on my weird obsession with Chris Isaak but enough of that for now) when I spotted an advert for this thing called Amazon Kindle. Turns out it's an electronic book reading device where self-published authors can upload their work and set a price etc. A bit like Lulu I suppose but more accessible.

I spent the day in a state of high excitement thinking I was going to be able to finally get somewhere, came home, did all the work, uploaded Mad About the Boy, the artwork, set a price, the whole lot. Then discover that you need a US bank account, which means only American authors can upload work to the kindle. Why are us Europeans being left out? I'm so bloody annoyed.

On the positive side, Lunchtime Readers is going really well, we've now got eleven contributors and the work is so diverse that it's great. I seem to be spending more of my time administrating the site than I do writing.

I'm also pissed on with Borders, they reckon they take self-published books. I sent them MATB and they have sent a snotty standard letter back and kept hold of my book (what's the betting it's on Amazon in a few weeks time in the used section) utter gitfaces.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Karen,
I'd be pissed off too...thanks for the warnings on those sites.
Lunchtime readers will overcome all obstacles and will be very successful for all and well as the readers.
Cheers
Chris