Thursday 11 December 2008

A strange sequence of events

This is a general tip for my author friends everywhere. It pays to get your name everywhere. Even if it's just commenting on someone's video or book or play or whatever because the internet really does lead to some strange things.

A case in point happened to me the other night. After watching Eastenders (dire UK soap) I did an IMDB search on one of the actors in it, as you casually do. At the end of his page on IMDB, someone had commented and asked if he was the bloke in the Candie Payne's One More Chance video. I had no idea who this was so went onto Youtube and watched said video. I realised I absolutely loved the Candie Payne song and so downloaded some more of her songs (she's a more credible Duffy) so I then downloaded her album via Napster and saw she did a live Napster session, one of the songs she did was Tomorrow from Bugsy Malone, which was the first stage musical I ever saw and so I decided to buy the DVD off Amazon.

So, just by looking up one actor, I discovered a girl singer, bought her album and bought a DVD. Just shows that people can find you through the strangest routes. So if you want to get noticed, it's probably a good idea to blitz the internet with comments on other people's work and blogs and God knows what else because it really is a case of from tiny acorns.


Oh and check out 'I wish I could have loved you more' by Candie Payne, it's ace!

No comments: