Tuesday 4 November 2008

Don't Stop Me Now

It’s almost the end of the year and I’m looking forward to 2009. This year has been a phenomenal one for me in that I’ve published three books, written several more and bought my first car (even though I actually failed my test). Finding true love would have been the icing on the cake but I guess I’ve got to accept I’m an old lady now and that the chances of finding my Mr Right are slipping away. Never mind.

I am waiting for the photographer of my chosen cover for Two Become One to contact me. I pretty pissed off because I love the photo I’ve chosen and it’s royalty free but I can’t use it without the owner’s permission. I contacted her two weeks ago and was supposed to receive a response within four days. Ho hum. I really don’t want to hunt around for another one.

I’ve decided to add a new page to my website dedicate to reviews. I’m being sent books by fellow authors and feel I might as well put their reviews on my site. I’ve just finished reading The Beatle Man by Scott Liddell and I’m about to finish the Armchair Bride by Mo Fanning now I’m reading Big Blubber by Bluebella and waiting for Kelly Moran’s books to arrive – phew! A whole new string to my bow.

I’ve also been thinking about dramatising Summerset next year. Several people who have read it have said to me that it would make a great movie and so when I’ve done Two Become One and before I start work on the others, I might transform Summerset into a TV drama. Put that Media Studies degree to good use.

I’ve also been toying with the idea of setting up my own imprint. The success of Mills & Boon makes me realise women like reading short, easily accessible romance stories. I’m not quite sure how I’m going to go about it or even if I will but it’s another thing in the pipeline. I’m determined to raise the profile of self-published authors in 2009 and not just me.

On a slightly different note, I’m loving Will Young’s new album Let It Go. I wonder if I should send him a copy of Mad About the Boy and let him know he was the inspiration for Bertie.

And lastly, I’ve just seen a bit of British Style Genius and Robert Elms was on it giving his opinion. That man is on every single ‘talking head’ programme on British TV. Does he actually do anything for a living? I still can’t believe Sade wrote ‘Your Love is King’ about him.

Ciao for now

No comments: